Lumpia (Filipino Spring Rolls)
Updated: Jul 22, 2021
Fried in Colorado Mills Sunflower Oil!
Lumpia are fried spring rolls filled with ground pork and mixed vegetables. This authentic lumpia recipe is filled with flavor and healthy ingredients! Serve them as an appetizer or finger food with a sweet chili sauce.
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 40 Minutes
Servings: 25 spring rolls
-1 package lumpia wrappers (Chinese spring roll wrappers meant for frying) (25 sheets)
-1 Lb ground pork
-1 Medium carrot, grated
-1/2 Head of cabbage, thinly sliced
-5 Cloves garlic, grated
-1 Inch ginger, grated
-3 TBSP soy sauce
-1/2 TSP chicken bouillon powder, optional
-1 Egg, lightly beaten
-1/2 TSP ground black pepper
1. Using a serrated knife, cut the lumpia wrappers in half so you have two stacks of rectangular wrappers. Place a damp paper towel over the stack of wrappers to prevent them from drying out as you work.
2. Combine the pork, carrot, cabbage, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, chicken bouillon powder, eggs, and ground black pepper in a large bowl. Using your hands, mix the filling to combine all the ingredients well.
3. Place a heaping teaspoon of filling on the wrapper about half an inch from the edge closest to you. Roll the bottom edge up over the filling, continuing to roll until an inch of wrapper remains.
4. Dip two fingers into a bowl of water and moisten the last of the wrapper. Finish rolling the lumpia then rest it on its seam. Continue filling and rolling the rest of the lumpia wrappers.
5. Fill a large frying pan with Colorado Mills high oleic sunflower oil (should be 2 inches deep). Heat the oil over medium-high heat. Gently place the lumpia in the hot oil and fry until golden brown on all sides (about 3-5 minutes total).
6. Place the fried lumpia on paper towels and serve immediately with a sweet chili dipping sauce.
Recipe by Jonna Castanos